Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In loving memory of Laura Reppart

"For I am already being poured out as a drink offering,
and the time of my departure has come.
I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the course,
I have kept the faith;
in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous Judge,
will award to me on that day
and not only to me,
but also to all who have loved His appearing."
2 Timothy 4:6-8 (New American Standard Version)
 
Laura Reppart, long-time missionary to Kenya, finished her course of faith on Tuesday, October 23, 2012, in Dallas, Texas.  Laura and her husband, Jim, together founded the Nairobi Great Commission School in Kenya, where Jason Locke, our senior minister, and Robert Chisley, just visited.  The Repparts worked with the school from 1991-1999. 
 
College church of Christ has supported this ministry since its founding.  More than 800 African leaders have been trained at this school and have returned to at least six African nations, many with a large Muslim population, to spread the gospel.  The school is run today by locals.
 
As the song says, Laura, "Thank you for giving to the Lord...I am so glad you came!"

The picture below, from Dr. Jason Locke's Facebook page, shows the ongoing work of the Nairobi Great Commission School today:

A closing picture with most of the folks who came to NGCS for the two-day seminar. These folks are elders, preachers, evangelists from across Kenya (plus one each from Tanzania and Uganda) along with teachers/staff at the school. They richly blessed us as we tried to impart a blessing to them as well. — with Jacob Randiek and 2 others.
--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment