Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Being There!

How did the Ocheltree's and the Sue's spend their weekend?  On the road with their kids!   
 
  
Andrew Ocheltree is the drum major on the right
Bullard High School Marching Band and Colorguard
Competition in Pleasanton, CA
 
Julian Sue, front and center, holds the trophy for his team
Las Vegas, NV

Coming home champions!! They played hard and it paid off!
Veronica Sue (Facebook)
 
We go on the road with our kids because we love them.  We want to be there for them and with them. Our love and support are the most precious gifts we can give to our sons and daughters.
If we, as imperfect human parents, can give something so valuable to our children, how much more valuable is God's presence in our lives, wherever we go?
 
"O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.
You know everyting I do.
You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful fo rme,
too great for me to understand!"
Psalm 139:1-3,5,6
--Posted by Mama O.
 


1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this today because I do travel and it is costly and sometimes things happen and the experience is not "all that," but the reminder is that even when difficult things happen the kids need our support even more and it is not about MY enjoyment but letting them know I love them enough to be there despite the costs, both monetary and sometimes emotional.

    ReplyDelete