Saturday, October 20, 2012

Good and perfect gifts

"Don't  be deceived, my dear brothers.
Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:16,17 (New International Version)
 
This week, in our Tuesday morning study of James, chapter 1, our author, Beth Moore, is challenging us to list God's good and perfect gifts in our lives.  She had us divide our lives into quarters, then list specific good gifts that have been given during each of those quarters.  It was a powerful exercise in acknowledging God's goodness and thanking him for all he has done!
 
You might want to try it.  I guarantee it will change your perspective on your life.
 
We will be offering the same study on Wednesday nights, from 6:30-7:30 p.m., beginning Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012.  The Wednesday night study is open to men and women.  I encourage you to consider joining!
 
I will leave you with a few verses from Psalm 34 to jog your memory on God's goodness to you today, and in each quarter of your life (which reminds me, we are going to a Bulldogs football game tonight where we get to appreciate the excellent musicianship of band members Paul Ocheltree-trumpet, and Jason Gresham-snare drums, during each quarter of the game!).
 
"My soul will boast in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:2,4,5,8,18
--Posted by Mama O.


No comments:

Post a Comment