Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fond memories of Mary Tarkenton

Kathy Wagner, Mary Tarkenton and Jean Lee in 2003
Photo courtesy of Dawn Frame

Late Monday afternoon, October 1, 2012, our sister, Mary Tarkenton went to be with our Lord. Following are a few of the fond remembrances of this great lady from her church family (via Facebook):
 
"Mary's legacy and example lives on. Like when we were just getting to know you all...jumping right in! 2003"--Dawn Frame
 
"Yes, I remember that too!  They all totally immersed themselves, didn't they?  After a few weeks, it seemed like they'd been with us forever.  So therefore Mary will be with us forever and evermore.  Thanks for the reminder, Dawn."--Robin Button
 
"What a blessing it was to the College Church to have such an infusion of life in '03.  Mary's spirit was truly remarkable.  She will be mised.  I just keep thinking about what a great day this must be for her."--Doug Baker
 
"The Lord has a new perfect soul with him.  I will miss you Mary.  I will always remember your beautiful face, sweet heart and seemingly unending and unconditional love.  We will see each other again."--D'Andra Buchanan
 
"(God) now has an earthly angel at His side.  My prayer is that you are in that perfect garden...I will miss you sweet friend."--Kimi Lopez
 
"What a great gain for heaven to receive such an awesome spirit, if at all possible, Heaven is a much greater place today.  blessings and prayers to Mary's family!"--Dave Lopez
 
"Thre is no way I can express my gratitude to God and to Mary Tarkenton's family for letting me be there with Mary, holding her hand as she passed into glory.  I FELT her tremendous burden lifted in those last moments.  Though we are all so very sad at the prospect of going on without her, we rejoice together for the healing God granted today.
Now God, please grant that I can show the same grace and faith that my sister Mary has shown these past months.  And give all of her earthly family comfort and peace."--Steve Thurman
--Posted by Mama O.


No comments:

Post a Comment