Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Phillip!

Carolyn and Phillip Ocheltree
January 1986

Carolyn and Phillip Ocheltree
December 2013

Happy birthday to an extraordinary man! Phillip Telemachus Ocheltree, my oldest son, turns 28 years old today. As you can see, I can't hold him in my arms anymore. But I still hold him in my heart.  Phillip is a kind-hearted, generous man who gives freely to others, always has a smile and a hug to share, always has an interesting "back story" to tell about something (like the Belgian ale we are sharing in the second photo--not the first!), is passionate about humanitarian causes--helping people get well from diseases, ending the cycle of poverty, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, educating the ignorant, loving the unloveable. Phillip has taught me more about love and acceptance through the years than I could have learned in any graduate-level seminary course.  Thank you for being my wonderful son! I look forward to many more years of loving God and family and life together with you!

Oh, and just so you know, as the oldest son of a Certified Public Accountant father, Phillip very politely was born 10 days before his due date, so that he could give us the whole tax deduction for 1985.  He was born at 7 p.m.

--Posted by Mama O. 

No comments:

Post a Comment