Tuesday, December 10, 2013

By This All Men Will Know

BY THIS ALL MEN WILL KNOW

Sometimes we simply have to do what we know is the right thing to do, and have faith that God will give us wisdom to deal with our problems while we are focused on doing what He asks us to do. Such was my situation on Sunday morning, as I pondered a perplexing issue, searching for the best way to confront the situation. When we were called to the communion table, I didn’t really feel like going, but I did, because I reminded myself, “this is what I do every Sunday!” As I approached the table, I was surrounded by those I love within my church family, those with whom I have served and those who have ministered to me. I was reminded of countless misunderstandings that have been straightened out, problems that have been solved, and creative energy that has flowed into areas that needed God’s miraculous beautifying touch. A creative thought came to my mind, regarding the very issue I was tackling right then. I felt the peace of God, starting at the top of my head and flowing down, like healthy blood, flowing through my veins and arteries, nourishing my heart and my brain and allowing my muscles to relax. The creative thought involved a solution that showed love and respect for everyone involved and maintained a sense of human dignity. Of course it did! What were the words Jesus spoke to his disciples the night he shared this meal with them?
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34,35 (New American Standard Version)

--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment