Friday, December 20, 2013

A Gnarled Old Tree

I was passing out homemade jams, jellies and salsas for Christmas today. I stopped at my son's high school office to drop off gifts for faculty and staff. I've learned that simple matters get solved more quickly when the people in the front office know you for something good you do for them.  That's why I always make sure that every member of the attendance office receives a jar of homemade goodies at Christmas.

When I walked into the attendance office this morning carrying my basket of goodies, the ladies all swooned over the gift bags.

"I saw your husband's office sign lit up last night and I wondered if you would be bringing us more jam this Christmas," one of the ladies said.

Another one said, you brought us homemade apricot jam last year, so now, every time I see an old, gnarled apricot tree, I think, "It's an Ochel Tree"!

Now that's a high compliment! A tree with character, that has obviously withstood hardship and pleasant conditions. A tree that has withstood the test of time and still bears beautiful, delicious fruit in season. That is exactly how I want to be known! Thank you, Attendance Office Lady!

"Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do." Psalm 1:1-3 (New Living Translation)

--Posted by Mama O.


No comments:

Post a Comment