Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What A Friend We Have In Jesus

Steve and Paul and I headed down to Fresno Community Hospital last night to visit with our good friend, Gracie Sanchez, who was recovering from yet another surgery. For some people, like Gracie, surgery and recovery are just a part of life. Gracie, of course, true to her name and her nature, radiates God's love to all those who come in her room, sprinkling grace into the room the way I sprinkle salt on theater popcorn (liberally--ask my family!) After we prayed, I asked Gracie if she would sing a couple of Christian children's songs for us in Spanish, which she did, joyfully. These are songs she has been teaching her grandchildren, and has taught to many, many Sunday School and Vacation Bible School children through the years. Then, we sang a song together that we all knew: "What A Friend We Have In Jesus". It was good to communicate with one another and with God through singing together in the hospital room. As we left, her roommate smiled and greeted us warmly. I love the fact that we can keep "a song in our hearts" wherever we find ourselves, and we can join together to praise God. I told Gracie I will bring the hymn book next time so we can sing some more. (And I just might!)

--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment