Thursday, January 16, 2014

Testing The Faith

A couple of days ago, I printed a blog on faith, featuring a quote from Dallas Willard, author of The Divine Conspiracy:

"Next time you are tempted to do what is wrong, do what is right and expect God to bail you out!"

I had the privilege of putting that into practice today.  I was particularly annoyed with the behavior of one person, and the annoyance kept rising to the surface of my mind all day, no matter what I was doing. I knew that dwelling on the annoyance would just lead to anger, and eventually bitterness. I knew I needed to think about other things, since there was nothing I could do, at the moment, about the bothersome situation. So, I asked, what can I do instead, that will be right?  I decided to pray for a friend who is very ill each time the annoyance rose to the top of my mind.

I am both embarrassed and happy to report that my sick friend has been prayed for many times today.  It's amazing how often our minds can dredge up a topic.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a report. It works!

--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment