Saturday, January 19, 2013

How I Became "Mama O."


My "Mama O."--Janice Ocheltree and
Jerold Ocheltree

Steve and Carolyn
Jerold and Janice
The two "Mama's O"

Gary and Grace Pendleton
My Prayer Sister

Mama Marylou Bonneau
Branden Mack and Andrew Ocheltree

How did I become "Mama O"?  It took a lot of people . Branden Mack was the first one to call me "Mama O' on one of the high school trips from church.  But, where did I learn to be "Mama O"?  From my "Mama O", Janice Ocheltree, who models kindness and goodness and gentleness every day.  From my prayer partners, like Mama Marylou Bonneau, who I call my "Mexican Mama", my prayer sister, Grace Pendleton, and other prayer sisters like Helen Gonzales, Pam Caples and Jean Lee.  And from my sweet Prayer Mother, Barbara Martin, who has moved up to Alameda to live with her daughter, Jennifer.  Times have changed, and I will miss Barbara a lot!  We will still try to have our prayer meetings together when she comes to visit.  These women show me how to love other people by their example, they pray with me and for me, they love me and my family.  I guess that's how anyone learns to become a good family member. Thank you, family!
--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment