Monday, January 14, 2013

A different way of looking at things

I was talking to a friend the other day who was making observations about the world condition.

"When you put a loaf of french bread on your windowsill, it dries out within a couple of days," she observed.  "If you leave it there even longer, it begins to fall apart into crumbs."

"And, once the bread becomes a collection of crumbs, it will never be that same loaf of bread again," I observed.

We both agreed that economic and political events worldwide within the last couple of years have revealed a "falling apart" of old regimes.  We will probably never see the same exact "loaf of bread" in Middle Eastern politics, United States economics, and more.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  I guess it depends on your perspective.  I think it's something we cannot control or change. The Bible is filled with admonitions to "fear not" (more than 300) when people encountered a new way of doing things.  I think that applies here.

On Friday night, I made a delicious chicken dish, coated with sour cream, Dijon mustard, seasoned bread crumbs and butter.  The loaf of bread may have turned to crumbs, but the crumbs became a delicious coating for chicken.

This morning, I cubed up the leftover chicken and layered it in a Crock Pot with lasagna noodles,spinach, Alfredo sauce, Parmesan and Ricotta cheese, fresh Rosemary and diced tomatoes.  Tonight, the family will enjoy chicken and spinach lasagna.  The loaf of bread fell apart, but the crumbs were still used to provide for the family's needs.

God will provide in the future.  That's all I know.  That's all I need to know.

--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment