Monday, March 4, 2013

Prayer Partners

Carolyn Ocheltree and Margie Prout: Prayer Partners

This is me and my prayer partner of many, many years, Margie Prout. We meet on Friday mornings at 6:30 at La Boulangerie in Fig Garden Village.  This is us in the early morning light of March 1, 2013.  Margie and I got acquainted when we sang in a small group called "Jubilate" together.  Her son, Matt, now 28, and my son, Phil, now 27, were toddlers at the time.  I used to bring the playpen so Little Phillip could safely watch our singing group practice and drink his juice from his bottle.  The Bible tells us to "pray for one another, so that you may be healed."  (James 5:16) There are so many reasons why that is true.  It is encouraging and uplifting to know that someone is "in your corner", loves you unconditionally, is committed to praying for you, will hold you accountable and needs your love and support as well.  This Friday, we were celebrating together: Margie just accepted a new position at The Fresno Rescue Mission as Director of The Mission at The Mission, a newly formed retreat center on the campus of The Fresno Rescue Mission.  She was rejoicing with me because I finished memorizing all of the book of James, a challenge I took on last fall, when I started teaching a Bible study on James at our church.  Of course, with this many years together, you can guess that other mornings have been spent in tears, in intercession for one another, in laughter, in sharing insights from God's Word, in giving and receiving helpful advice...the list goes on. Thank you, Margie, for taking this journey of life alongside me! I am better off for living life with you!!

--Posted by Mama O.    

No comments:

Post a Comment