Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for a God who loves each of us without reserve.

I am thankful for my wonderful family.  To follow in Sandra Henderson's beautiful words about her own children, even if they were not my children, I would still like and respect them.

I am thankful for my husband's sense of humor (most of the time) and steady love (all of the time).

I am thankful for a church family who loves one another and others.

I am thankful for the generosity of our body of faith, which reaches out to the needy and helpless.

I am thankful for the generous gifts last Sunday, from our church family, to support our ongoing life as a church family.

I am thankful that Paul talked to Sandra Henderson about how to make pecan pies.  It looks like there is still hope that I may learn to make a decent pecan pie in this life, if I follow her instructions!

I am thankful for my precious friends, old and new.

I am thankful for all my friends on Facebook who have been reminding me about the power of gratitude for days now, in their daily "thankfulness" posts.

Thanksgiving blessings to one and all today!

--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment