Friday, May 9, 2014

Prayer Changes Things!

As I walked down the long hallway leading from the main parking lot to the fellowship hall on Wednesday afternoon, I looked straight at the sign that fills a little indentation in the wall:

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!

It has been there for years, and I see it often. But, on Wednesday afternoon, it was talking to me. Besides having a very busy week, I had some deeper, more personal issues weighing on my emotions and spiritual health.

During dinner, I stopped to talk to Rachel Hamm. I shared my struggles and she shared hers. Then, she recommended, what do you know, prayer! 

Those of us who attended the 2014 Womens' Retreat with Marci Bertalatto have been introduced to this very powerful form of spiritual warfare prayer, as have those who have attended training seminars with Kingdom Ministries in Fresno.

While this prayer is not a "formula" to make all things better, it does contain the essential elements of spiritual warfare, necessary for taking authority in the spiritual realm and placing matters in "kingdom order", under the authority of Christ, instead of allowing Satan to steal our power to choose the right attitudes and actions in life.

Steve and I prayed this prayer the following morning with profound results in my spirit. Where I had experienced turmoil, fear and anger the day before, I felt faith, hope and peace after praying this prayer.  I share it with you here:

Declare verbally (aloud) and in faith:

In Jesus' Name, we (I) assert the resurrected victory and Lordship of Jesus Christ over (Name). Because he/she is made in the image of God, we (I) claim his/her mind, body and soul for Christ and the fulfillment of His purpose in his/her life. IF there is any activity or influence of the Evil One in his/her life, then in Jesus' Name, we (I) command them now to be silent, still, and go to the feet of Christ for judgment. We (I) cancel any plans intended to harm or hinder them and command that you remove all effects of blindness and deception so they're able to see the light and glory of Christ who is the image of God. We command all of your lies to come into the light and become subject to God's truth. Because God wills their freedom and desires that all people come to the knowledge of His truth, we command you to loose him/her so they may know, serve, and freely choose Christ and experience His love and freedom. In Jesus' name, we extend God's shadow of protection over him/her and their mind to shield them from all harm and every form of deception. Lord Jesus, we honor and worship you as Lord of all. Therefore we ask you Father to draw (Name) to yourself according to your desire, purpose and will. We claim the revelation of who you are and your truth to their mind, heart, and soul. May they recognize your love and presence; and listen to and respond to your voice. Protect them from the evil One and free them from the lies they've heard or believe. Surround them with your Presence, shield them with your power and command your angels to guard them in all their ways. We (I) surrender them to you and place them under your dominion and free them to do your will. Amen.

--Posted by Mama O.

No comments:

Post a Comment